Digital consultant: who he is and what he does
03/09/2022 12:00 AM
The digital consultant - digital consultant - is a professional figure requested by companies, especially in the current technological context. The support from a figure of this type is very important to be guided through the study and implementation of business strategies aimed at success.
Obviously, it becomes necessary to contact only experts in the sector in order to achieve all the objectives set. Let's find out who the digital consultant is and what are the tools he uses.
What are the characteristics of a digital consultant?
A digital consultant is born with a passion, but to take up the profession it is necessary to study and train properly. It is a long process that requires technical training, constant updating and continuous practice to refine all the natural characteristics that one possesses.
It is not a profession that can be learned and developed by everyone, precisely because certain skills are required that blend with personal skills. Among these we find:
- Technical skills that are the basis of a consultant , whatever the sector of reference. The digital consultant must be skilled in knowing the HTML code, all the basic principles of information technology and the concepts that can lead to a technical optimization of the website of his customers;
- Ability to know the Google algorithm and its changes. A professional in the sector is updated and knows all the technicalities about it, such as the SERP . Experience is the basis of advice from an expert;
- He must know how to relate between high-level empathic and colloquial skills . His task is to be able to discuss every topic, passing from the technical, legal, bureaucratic to immediate problem solving. His empathy must be available to the client, putting into practice all the needs and objectives set. Once the consultant has identified all the objectives for a successful online business, he will know how to apply the correct and effective strategy. Obviously, such a job also requires a good dose of patience and optimism , in order to be able to propose itself to entrepreneurs in a positive and decisive way.
What does the digital consultant do?
The digital consultant has multiple tasks and his position is important for the future of companies. When it comes to digital marketing, the position taken and what the role of the person asking for support is to be considered. Normally a consultant is a freelancer, never dependent, able to take his clients by the hand for the realization of various online projects.
Although he is not an employee, when he works for a company it is as if he were a regular employee of the same. He marries the strategy and the project to be carried out, until its realization. He is a highly experienced professional figure who does not prepare a prospectus on paper, but a project from A to Z to be put on track until the goal has been achieved and completed.
Are the client's wishes too ambitious ? The digital consultant will be able to find the correct strategy to scale without ever disappointing an entrepreneur. The results are achieved only if there is a study, a strategy and development at the base.
Summarizing what the figure of the digital consultant does:
- It studies and packs a series of strategies tailored to the customer, customizing his project;
- Follows the project from start to finish, checking the results produced and changing the path to pursue if necessary (if the right success is not achieved);
- He has a keen sense of problem solving regarding the indexing of the company website, with a ready proposal of solutions that go hand in hand with the strategies developed;
- It is an active and continuous support during the digital business transformation.
How does the digital consultant work?
As mentioned, this is a profession recommended for those who have a great professionalism being able to obtain a range of high-level job offers. There are consultants who intend to carry out their profession by opening a VAT number to others who are linked to a single company:
- In the first case we are talking about a freelancer who lends his activity to various types of companies, medium-sized enterprises, small businesses up to start-ups;
- In the second case, you can become the consultant of a single company , with an ad hoc contract that allows you to be treated as an employee. It is an advantage only if you want to have "a permanent job" and study only one reality.
Times have changed and today all activities are present online , so much so that many professionals (lawyers, accountants, physiotherapists, beauticians and so on) have decided to turn to these consultants to improve their work.
Average earnings and tools used
The earnings of a digital consultant vary according to the skills, the type of company to which the services are provided and the degree of seniority. No case can be taken into consideration, because the rates also change depending on the service: despite this, according to Glassdoor.it, an average consultant can reach a gross salary of 41 thousand euros per year. A rough indication that changes over time, with experience and with the type of project.
The company complexity, the tasks assigned and - as mentioned - the type of company also affects earnings . A lower income will be perceived for the services of a startup, unlike structured companies.
The tools of a digital consultant are diverse, interactive, digital and constantly evolving. Its toolbox contains some tools and techniques to improve the end customer's operations. In general we can highlight:
- Asana that allows the digital consultant to follow all projects in a completely intuitive and intelligent way. It is recommended to have a complete view between client - consultant and project;
- Miro, a series of online blackboards to support the end customer for explaining ideas so that misunderstandings are reduced to a minimum;
- Trello , optimal for a complete organization to divide the tasks - create checklists and monitor the project from A to Z.
Each tool that a digital consultant inserts into his toolbox is important, not only for responding to the client's needs but also for completing a project in the best possible way.